Nov 2, 2017
Hello, it’s Cate Stillman with yogahealthcoaching.com and
yogahealer.com, and I’ve been asked to finish the series on
overweight-ness in Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. So you may have heard
the episode on overweight Vatas, or the episode on overweight
Pittas, and not the episode on overweight Kaphas, because I hadn’t
created it until right this moment.
Often, when someone is overweight, they assume they
As an Ayurvedic practitioner, we think, “Hmmm, maybe. But maybe
not.” And yet sometimes, the person that we’re talking to is indeed
an overweight Kapha, that their prakruthi, their constitution, is
Kapha, and that the nature of their imbalance, or vikruthi, is also
Kapha. And that’s unusual. It’s unusual enough that I created the
overweight Vata and the overweight Pitta episodes: That’s where you
have an overweight Vata person – their prakruthi is Vata – and
their imbalance also might be Vata-provoking Kapha. Or it might be
an overweight Pitta, and the imbalance might be a Vata or a Pitta
imbalance-provoking Kapha, or a Kapha imbalance.
But the thing is, Kapha imbalances are pretty unusual in this
day and age. Tune in to find out why, and to find out whether or
not your extra pounds are really the cause of Kapha.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to tell if your extra weight is really a kapha
- When and how much kaphas should eat in a day
- Where to leverage kapha strengths to your advantage
- 1:15 – Kapha imbalance is actually rare in this day and age!
While this may seem strange because we have such a sedentary and
heavy-diet culture, the vibration and pace of life is really quite
- 5:40 – Kaphas are strong, stable, faithful, trustworthy, and
dependable. They naturally accumulate people, friends, money, and
bodily tissue. In order to befriend your kapha constitution, you
have to get in touch with this accumulation tendency.
- 11:00 – As a kapha, you can afford give away. As you realize
how much you can give away physically, you become lighter,
brighter, more inspired, and more mobile, and you realize how much
service you can be to humanity.
- 12:30 – Kaphas really only need to eat 1-2 meals a day, which
may sound terrible! But if you look at it from an energetic
standpoint, you’ll realize that you’ll save so much time that you
otherwise would have spent buying, preparing, and eating food.
- 17:00 – A Kapha’s deepest bliss is nurturing the people, the
causes, and the projects they care most about. Learn to leverage
those gifts through service and connection, rather than carrying
that generosity in your physiology.
- “For a Kapha to befriend their constitution, it often means
getting really in touch with their accumulation tendency.” – Cate
- “We’re meant to be relaxed, and attuned, and sophisticated in
understanding the nature of who we are, in understanding our
strengths and our weaknesses.” – Cate Stillman
- “You can stay strong and stable, and give away. As you do that,
you become lighter and brighter, more inspired, and more mobile.” –
- “Awaken this power of your own natural abundance.” – Cate
- “In giving away, you feel more and more fulfilled.” – Cate