Jun 19, 2017
There are deep and longstanding benefits to aligning your Yoga
practice with the lunar cycle. You can tap into the energetics and
archetypes of the four main moon phases both on your mat and in
your daily life.
Kassandra Reinhardt began to experience the power of attending
to the archetypal goddess stages syncing with the moon cycles.
Then, she began to guide a community of women through the process
of self-empowerment via syncing their activities with their
menstrual cycles, and syncing their menstrual cycles to the moon
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- What Yin Yoga is all about and how it can help you slow
- The power of aligning your Yoga practice to your menstrual
- The ways the moon cycle can impact your time on the mat
I rap with Kassandra Reinhardt about
Women + Moon Cycle Empowerment:
- How Yin Yoga led her to her moon cycle
- What are the four stages and four goddess archetypes that
represent the moon cycle
- How to tap into the power of the moon and the rhythm of your
- Why women suffer from PMS...and how to stop the hurt
- 5:40 — Because of its slowed, passive nature, Yin Yoga isn’t
about building muscle or losing weight. It’s about building mental
and meditative strength.
- 9:00 — The history of studying human anatomy focused on
compartmentalizing each muscle and body part, but that’s
fundamentally incorrect. Kassandra discusses how releasing that
idea in favor of a holistic approach helped her open up.
- 14:00 — Many people are experiencing whole-body dissonance in
today’s world. They’re engaging in the very bodily-Yin activity of
sitting at desks, but mentally, their Yang is off the charts with
stress and to-do lists.
- 27:20 — Women’s fertility and monthly cycles are no longer
aligned with the lunar cycle. Somewhere along the way, they got out
of sync with each other, but we can reclaim unification with these
- 30:25 — We go through four archetypes during our monthly cycle:
the maiden, the mother, the wild woman, and the crone. Getting in
touch with our intuition and connecting with these four archetypes
can help us reclaim our femininity.
- 40:50 — Giving voice to your wild woman and channeling your
sensitivity can help transform your PMS into a source of
- “Nothing is separate in our bodies. Everything is
interconnected.” –Kassandra Reinhardt
- “Yin Yoga has an emphasis that we’re linking the entire body
together.” –Kassandra Reinhardt
- “The big shift that happened in my body was when I started to
let go of the idea that everything is separate.” –Kassandra
- “When I feel the most at peace with myself is when I find that
balance.” –Kassandra Reinhardt
- “As far as I go out, that’s as deep as I get to go in.” –Cate
Kassandra Reinhardt is an Ottawa-based Yoga Instructor on a
mission to help others feel great with Yoga. She started practicing
Yoga in 2008 as a way to become more flexible and learn to manage
stress and anxiety. Little did she know that, in a few short years,
she would have the privilege of becoming a teacher who’s
passionately committed to sharing Yoga with others who, like her,
were sick of feeling less than vibrant.
Before Kassandra started practicing, she barely had any energy.
She couldn't quiet her mind for a single minute and always seemed
to have aches and pains in her legs and lower back. Once she
started practicing regularly, bit by bit she became stronger,
calmer, and braver. Yoga is ingrained in her daily life in a
fundamental way. It helps her meet any challenges she faces by
teaching her to be present, focused, and receptive.
Kassandra believes that integrating just a little bit of Yoga
into your life can help you make some drastic shifts. Whether
that's going to class once a week, doing a few poses at home, or
taking five minutes to meditate in your car, it's worth it. Her aim
is to create accessible, easy-to-follow Yoga classes that students
can do in the comfort of their own homes to make their well-being a