Jul 14, 2022
Glyphosate is the active
ingredient in Roundup, the world's most commonly used weed killer.
Over 300 million pounds of glyphosate-based herbicide are sprayed
on farms and foods yearly. Agrochemical companies claim that
glyphosate is safe for humans, animals, and the environment. But
scientific studies suggest otherwise.
Glyphosate has created a deadly
disruption of the gut microbiome. Its effect on protein synthesis
and the body’s ability to use and transport sulfur has greatly
affected human health for the past decade.
In this episode, Dr. Stephanie
Seneff talks about the effects of Glyphosate and how it is
destroying our Health and Environment. She also talks about what
happens if you don’t eat organic food and its immense effect on the
What you’ll get out of
- Sulfate is a vastly overlooked molecule playing
many crucial roles in human metabolism.
- Glyphosate (the active ingredient in Roundup)
greatly disturbs sulfate homeostasis in the body.
- Many biologically active molecules containing
carbon rings transport sulfate throughout the body.
- Heparan sulfate is a complex sulfated
polysaccharide that populates the extracellular matrix of most
cells and is essential for the lysosomes to recycle cellular
debris. It also controls neurodevelopment in the brain.
- Heparan sulfate deficiency in the brain
ventricles is a characteristic feature of autism in humans and
- Serotonin is an important neurotransmitter
whose deficiency is associated with obesity, depression, and
violent behavior. Serotonin is produced in large quantities in the
gut and then sulfated before being transported to the
- Cholesterol sulfate, synthesized in the skin in
response to sunlight, is another important source of sulfate for
the brain and the body.
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase synthesizes
nitric oxide and sulfur dioxide, switching between the two based on
received signals from the blood.
- Nitrate and sulfate are the yin and yang
controlling blood flow.
- Why you should eat
- What is
- How Chemicals and
Pesticides affect the Human Body
- How the Body Breaks
- Why Organic Foods are
Essential to the Human Body
- How Glyphosate is
destroying our Health and Environment
- What happens when you
ferment the cruciferous?
- Cate says that one of the things she sees with
not having natural childbirth much in this country in the last 100
years is they take that power away from a woman to have a conscious
birth, and then now she's going to be less protective of her yard.
She will be less protective of the food she's putting in their
body. And it's all these breakdowns that happened in human
- Cate shares the article in The New York Times
that their idea to help farmers is number
- Cate says that the number one thing people
think people can do is get involved with local farmers, promote
organic, pay more, eat less, and eat healthily.
- [01:53] The Pollution caused by
- [07:41] What is Glyphosate?
- [09:20] The Monsanto Tests
- [12:59] The Predator Journal
- [15:14] The Rising Autism Rates and
- [20:27] The Harm to Natural Life caused by
- [27:43] Fiber that Breaks down
- [30:17] Stephanie’s Interest in Natural
- [33:10] The Result of Fermenting
- [34:09] Countries that banned the use of
- [36:10] The Effects of Genetically Modified
Seeds on the Earth
- [38:24] The Chronic Inflammation
- [40:03] How much Genetically Engineered Produce
is in the Market?
- [46:39] The Resurgence
of Nitrogen-Fixing Agents
- “People are smart. The problem is they don't
understand the need for avoiding the toxic chemicals in everything
that they do. We have to always think about safety first because
there are so many chemicals we're putting out into the environment
with inadequate study. We don't realize how toxic these things can
- “Fermentation is complicated because it can
actually introduce new metabolites that could be toxic. But it also
takes away metabolites that are toxic. Things are not toxic if your
livers are working. Enzymes in the liver are crucial for
metabolizing many of these complex molecules that are made by these
microbes, and so it becomes liver toxic if the liver can't use
those enzymes to break it down.”
- “As you're not being poisoned, your body can
handle things like sunlight very well and use it to its advantage
to using it as a source of energy. But the things that you need to
do that get messed up by the poisons, then it becomes
- “Go buy organic and explain to your neighbors
and relatives why they should also go buy organic and get them to
Guest: Stephanie Seneff
Dr. Stephanie Seneff is a Senior
Research Scientist at MIT's Computer Science and Artificial
Intelligence Laboratory in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. She has a
BS degree from MIT in biology and MS, EE, and Ph.D. degrees from
MIT in electrical engineering and computer science. She has
published over 200 peer-reviewed papers in scientific journals and
conference proceedings. Her recent interests have focused on the
role of toxic chemicals and micronutrient deficiencies in health
and disease, with a special emphasis on the pervasive herbicide,
Roundup, and the mineral, sulfur.
Since 2008, she has authored
over three dozen peer-reviewed journal papers related to
biochemistry and toxicology and has delivered numerous slide
presentations at conferences around the world. She is the author of
a book on glyphosate, titled "Toxic Legacy: How the Weedkiller
Glyphosate Is Destroying Our Health and the Environment," which was
released by Chelsea Green publishers on July 1, 2021. This book was
selected by Kirkus Reviews as one of the best non-fiction books of